How to Protect Yourself Against Cyber Threats
Did you know that cyber threats have evolved and increased exponentially?
- Our daily life and economic vitality depend on a stable, safe and resilient cyberspace.
- Cyber threats are occurring on a more frequent basis and with greater sophistication than ever before.
What can we do to protect against Cyber threats?
- Set one day a week to monitor your credit card statements
- Carefully review your credit card statements and if anything stands out as being questionable or suspect, investigate immediately to determine if it was one of your authorized purchases
- Sign up for real-time alerts
- Most banks and credit card companies have real time notification services that allow them to contact you in the event of a purchase attempt deemed “unusual”
- Keep your private information private
- Do not provide your passwords or personal information to unsolicited callers
- When searching new websites, to ensure security, make sure there is a closed lock symbol at the bottom right of the screen
- Web addresses that begin with “https” are generally secure
- Routinely change passwords and make them strong
- Creating strong passwords is important
- Simplify your online life with LastPass, the convenient and secure way to create, and remember, strong passwords. LastPass goes beyond industry standards to keep your data safe.